I can always trust Eater to give me food recommendations, and when I searched gluten-free on their site I found this nifty article from DNAinfo.com on the “Ten Best Gluten-Free Date Restaurants in Manhattan”. Sometimes it can be a pain to talk with the staff about your allergy, and these places supposedly have a separate g-free menu and practice safe g-free cooking (e.g. separate fryers) to prevent cross-contamination. I already forwarded the article to the bf so I’ll report back when I hit up some of these cool spots.
1. 5 Napkin Burger (Hell’s Kitchen / UWS / EV / Astoria)
2. Nom Wah Tea Parlor (Chinatown)
3. The Meatball Factory (EV & Gramercy)
4. S’MAC (East Village)
5. Friedman’s Lunch (Chelsea)
6. Pala Pizza (LES)
7. Bloom’s Deli (Midtown East)
8. Bistango (Kips Bay)
9. Lumi (UES)
10. Highland Park (Murray Hill)
What spots do you hit up in NYC? How do you handle telling your server you have a gluten allergy?